Posted on Apr 18, 2018
We are a growing company offering a tremendous amount of career growth and upward mobility. We are seeking an experienced and strong Database Developer/ Application Developer with solid business analysis, T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS skills who can function effectively individually and as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops highly complex applications to meet the business needs of users and stakeholders to provide solutions to business problems through design, application development, documentation and management of source code.
- Design and develop Relational Database Management Systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Microsoft SSIS as per the customer requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain Hadoop workflows/pipelines to process millions of records into and out of our Data Lake and Identity Graph.
- Conduct a study of the core functionality of the application and customer specific business rules and practices, user requirements and functional analysis for the OLAP and OLTP software applications for Equian.
- Analyze the existing data and develop error handling and error mechanisms. Design and implement the DRG Nightly Rules based on the requirements of clients like Kaiser Northern California, Kaiser Southern California and Aetna.
- Create new databases for HA/DR Solutions using AlwaysON, Replication, Log shipping etc. for business continuity and data growth
- Prepare project documents, Software Test planning, Test phase execution, certifying quality of the product and responsible for ensure quality of the customer’s information systems and verify.
- Analyze, develop, implement and/or maintain custom software for Equian applications. Involves external design review, internal design, application program development, testing, documentation, implementation, and post-implementation.
- Conduct Technical Meetings and analyze the Application Architecture with clients/business users/team to investigate operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, or processes/procedures using appropriate techniques, tools and methods.
- Develop ad-hoc queries and reports on demand with short turnaround times as determined by business priorities and create automation SQL tests for unit, integration, regression, performance, and build verification.
- Actively participate in all phases of system development life cycle from requirements gathering to systems analysis and design through development and test to deployment and support.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and operational procedures to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including prioritizing, scoping, scheduling and implementation.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong problem solving skills, results orientation, and common sense.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work directly with end-users to effectively gather, document, and to translate business requirements into technical requirements, business rules, and data models.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, step outside your own comfort zone, and successfully navigate unfamiliar challenges.
- Knowledge of business processes, production systems, enterprise-wide data flows, source and target databases, and enterprise data warehouse and reporting environment and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of query and stored procedure development in T-SQL is required.
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws is a plus.
- Call Center experience is a plus.
- - Experience in Agile or SCRUM practices a plus
Job Type: Contract
- SSRS: 7 years (Required)
- T-Sql: 9 years (Required)
- SSIS: 7 years (Required)
- DTS: 7 years (Required)
- Vector SQL: 5 Years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel : 7 Years (Required)
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunication or related field (Required)
- Louisville, KY (Required)